Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Oct 1, 2014 9:36 PM Last Post By: Christopher Burke
Mehmet Fide

Registered: 3/16/00
Any serial port component for cross platforms?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I need a serial port communcation component supports MACOS and Windows
at the same time.

Do you know any?

Thanks.
Brian Hamilton ...

Registered: 10/14/04
Re: Any serial port component for cross platforms?
Mehmet Fide wrote:
Hi,

I need a serial port communcation component supports MACOS and Windows
at the same time.

Do you know any?

Thanks.

Elim did have a post about a OSX serial port
but you are not going to get one that does both I would think easily as there are so different OS for how serial port works
Christopher Burke

Registered: 9/25/99
Brian Hamilton <> wrote in news:693680 at forums dot embarcadero dot com:

Elim did have a post about a OSX serial port
but you are not going to get one that does both I would think easily
as there are so different OS for how serial port works

On OSX (i.e. unix), serial ports are just files aren't they ?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02