Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Error creating form: Privileged instruction


This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Mar 30, 2018 3:33 AM Last Post By: Alex Belo
Dean Clark

Posts: 50
Registered: 6/12/08
Error creating form: Privileged instruction  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 28, 2018 9:29 AM
I'm migrating from CB 10.1 32-bit to 10.2.2 64-bit by creating new projects in 10.2.2 and adding code files manually. I have gotten the above error when adding a form. Is there any way to track down what the loader doesn't like about the form? This is just adding files to a new static library project, not compiling or linking.

Thanks.
Alex Belo

Posts: 626
Registered: 10/8/06
Re: Error creating form: Privileged instruction  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 28, 2018 10:08 PM   in response to: Dean Clark in response to: Dean Clark
Dean Clark wrote:

Is there any way to track down what
the loader doesn't like about the form? This is just adding files to
a new static library project, not compiling or linking.

You can try madExcept with option "catch IDE exceptions" but I can not
say for sure if resulting call stack will be really helpful.

Also you can try debugging IDE in another IDE instance (just like
debugging IDE packages).

--
Alex
Dean Clark

Posts: 50
Registered: 6/12/08
Re: Error creating form: Privileged instruction  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 29, 2018 10:01 AM   in response to: Alex Belo in response to: Alex Belo
Alex Belo wrote:
rary project, not compiling or linking.

You can try madExcept with option "catch IDE exceptions" but I can not
say for sure if resulting call stack will be really helpful.

Also you can try debugging IDE in another IDE instance (just like
debugging IDE packages).

Thanks for the info. Can you describe how to debug the IDE in another instance, or point me to a reference that describes it? Don't think I've ever debugged an IDE package before.

-Dean
Alex Belo

Posts: 626
Registered: 10/8/06
Re: Error creating form: Privileged instruction  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 30, 2018 3:33 AM   in response to: Dean Clark in response to: Dean Clark
Dean Clark wrote:

Can you describe how to debug the IDE in
another instance, or point me to a reference that describes it?
Don't think I've ever debugged an IDE package before.

I did it many years ago, so I don't remember details.

Googling for "delphi debugging ide packages" returns results like:

Debugging a Wizard
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/Debugging_a_Wizard

Erik’s Open Tools API FAQ ("How can I debug a package wizard?")
http://www.gexperts.org/open-tools-api-faq/

How to debug Delphi IDE?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9644052/how-to-debug-delphi-ide

where I see

"You can also "debug" the Delphi IDE by manually starting a second copy
yourself and then using the "Attach to process" command from the "Run"
menu"

- - -
Have you tried madExcept? It is free for non-commercial use.

- - -
As for your problem... Make sure that your new project does not
interfere somehow with old tools (paths?)...

--
Alex
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02