Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Jun 2, 2014 5:41 AM Last Post By: david hoke
soobyeong lee

Registered: 2/11/12
ILink32 error in RAD Studio XE2
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am using RADStudio XE2 C++ Builder.

I used TMS Asych pro evaluation version.

But unistalled the TMS Asych pro evaluation version, I received :

[ILINK32.exe] Fatal:Unable to open file "vacommpkgdxe2.lib".

To solve this error, I find header file, pragma link option and project\runtime package option.....etc.

How to fix this error ?

thanks.

Alex Belo

Registered: 10/8/06
Re: ILink32 error in RAD Studio XE2
soobyeong lee wrote:

[ILINK32.exe] Fatal:Unable to open file "vacommpkgdxe2.lib".
To solve this error, I find header file, pragma link option and
project\runtime package option.....etc.

Close project, search for string "vacommpkgdxe2" in all texts in your
project directory and remove it in all places with text editor (notepad
for example).

AFAIUI you will find "vacommpkgdxe2.lib" in your cbproj file.

--
Alex
Mohammad Alsharif

Registered: 6/29/14
Re: ILink32 error in RAD Studio XE2
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Close project, search for string "vacommpkgdxe2" in all texts in your
project directory and remove it in all places with text editor (notepad
for example).

I did that, so the previous error disappeared and now I got a new error that I can't understand:
[ilink32 Error] Fatal: The symbol @$xp$12Cport@TAsync has zero size, or excessive offset in module 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\COMPORT\CPORT.OBJ'

any idea what causes this error?

thanks in advance

david hoke

Registered: 2/9/07
<Mohammad Alsharif> wrote in message news:678056 at forums dot embarcadero dot com...
[ilink32 Error] Fatal: The symbol @$xp$12Cport@TAsync has zero size, or
excessive offset in module 'C:\PROGRAM FILES
(X86)\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\COMPORT\CPORT.OBJ'

any idea what causes this error?

I suspect that it is a bug in the 32bit compiler. (No, I don't know what,
nor what trips it, nor whether there is any way to avoid it*.)

I'm fairly certain that message has existed in the past, and somewhere, by
at least XE, was turned into a fatal error. And that the ability of the
compiler to produce such items has existed at least since 2006/2007 product
versions.

I think it probably became a fatal error, because its use by the linker
might result in executables that were in some way bogus.

FWIW, I am currently living with the 2007 toolset, and some projects that
produce this, because I currently find no other reasonable choice, although
I am using a patched XE linker.

*It was possible to patch (single byte change) the XE linker to turn that
fatal error into a warning. I don't know if a similar result could be
achieved with the XE2 linker.
Mohammad Alsharif

Registered: 6/29/14
Re: ILink32 error in RAD Studio XE2
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
*It was possible to patch (single byte change) the XE linker to turn that
fatal error into a warning. I don't know if a similar result could be
achieved with the XE2 linker.

I am using XE5 currently, it's worth trying, could you please tell me how the patching process is done?

Also, is this http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=88686 somehow related?

Edited by: Mohammad Alsharif on Jun 1, 2014 11:18 AM
david hoke

Registered: 2/9/07
Re: ILink32 error in RAD Studio XE2 [Edit]
<Mohammad Alsharif> wrote in message news:678089 at forums dot embarcadero dot com...
*It was possible to patch (single byte change) the XE linker to turn that
fatal error into a warning. I don't know if a similar result could be
achieved with the XE2 linker.

I am using XE5 currently, it's worth trying, could you please tell me how
the patching process is done?

No. For me to even offer what notes I have (for XE) would require the
explicit permission of Embarcadero.

Also, is this http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=88686
somehow related?

Yes, I believe it is.
Mohammad Alsharif

Registered: 6/29/14
Re: ILink32 error in RAD Studio XE2
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi All,

I am facing more or less the same error while porting my project from Borland C++ Builder 6 to Embarcadero XE5, the error is

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'CPORTLIBCB6.LIB'

I searched my project folder for CPORTLIBCB6 and it doesn't exist anywhere! So can you think of other solutions?

Thanks
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)