Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Two Issues with IntraWeb


This question is answered.


Permlink Replies: 7 - Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 10:15 AM Last Post By: Jay Falck
Jay Falck

Posts: 9
Registered: 12/1/99
Two Issues with IntraWeb  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 26, 2014 3:11 AM
I am having two issues with IntraWeb that I would like to request input on. I have posted this to the Delphi Developer group on Facebook and gotten some great advice from Jim McKeeth and Bob Swart. Unfortunately, their recommendations haven't solved the issue, or I'm too dense to implement what they are telling me.

Issue #1 is that my application (standalone) works 98% in Chrome and Firefox but gets an HTTP 500 when using IE11. Both Jim and Bob (and me to be honest) find it odd that it works in 2 out of 3 browsers.

Issue #2 I am trying to put links to documents in an HTMLList but, for some reason I'm not getting the path correct. On my machine where I'm running the application I have the following folders:
D:\WebTest - This contains the application and one folder Docs. In the Docs folder I have one file Test.PDF.

I have added the following to the HTMLList and is displays properly in Firefox and Chrome.
My Test File

If I click on the generated link I get a blank tab opened (as expected) but the document never loads.

If I right click on the link and try to save the link I get a file not found message.

Currently testing as LocalHost. To access the webpage I use http://127.0.0.1:8852/$/Start

When clicking on the link for the file the URL in the new tab is http://127.0.0.1:8852/Docs/Test.pdf

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Two Issues with IntraWeb
Helpful
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 26, 2014 7:51 AM   in response to: Jay Falck in response to: Jay Falck
Issue #1 is that my application (standalone) works 98% in Chrome and Firefox but gets an HTTP 500 when using IE11. Both Jim and Bob (and me to be honest) find it odd that it works in 2 out of 3 browsers.

In which circumstance are you getting HTTP error code 500 under IE 11? Which is your IW version and how are you deploying your app?

Issue #2 I am trying to put links to documents in an HTMLList but, for some reason I'm not getting the path correct. On my machine where I'm running the application I have the following folders:
D:\WebTest - This contains the application and one folder Docs. In the Docs folder I have one file Test.PDF.

I have added the following to the HTMLList and is displays properly in Firefox and Chrome.
My Test File

If I click on the generated link I get a blank tab opened (as expected) but the document never loads.

if your app binary is under D:\WebTest, create a folder named wwwroot below that WebTest folder, and then put your Docs folder there. Then you will have:

D:\WebTest\wwwroot\Docs

and your link can be just like it is now.

By default, IntraWeb uses a wwwroot folder below the application folder (where the IW app binary file is). Whenever you have a link like

/Docs/Test.pdf in your HTML, this is referencing the file on wwwroot/Docs/Test.pdf

Please let me know if it fixed your issue.

Best regards.
Jay Falck

Posts: 9
Registered: 12/1/99
Re: Two Issues with IntraWeb  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 26, 2014 8:07 PM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
The wwwroot was the missing piece for my file display issue. Thanks for that.

As to the issue with IE11, the application is stand alone, IW 14.0.0 that shipped with XE6 (I will be upgrading to latest soon).The HTTP 500 is generated as soon as I try to connect to the URL. I simply click the IE icon on the server controller just like I did for Chrome and Firefox. Nothing else is different. IE compatibility mode is set to IE-8 and I have told IE to run in compatibility mode for any web site on my desired IP address.
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Two Issues with IntraWeb
Correct
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 27, 2014 8:07 AM   in response to: Jay Falck in response to: Jay Falck
Jay Falck wrote:
The wwwroot was the missing piece for my file display issue. Thanks for that.

As to the issue with IE11, the application is stand alone, IW 14.0.0 that shipped with XE6

Please update to latest 14.0.32. You should also read these instructions to update:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/technical%20information/Installing%20or%20Upgrading%20IntraWeb.html

The version 14.0.0 (bundled with XE6) is the same version that comes with XE3/4/5 and we already fixed lots of issues since then.

Best regards
Jay Falck

Posts: 9
Registered: 12/1/99
Re: Two Issues with IntraWeb  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 27, 2014 12:08 PM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Thank you Alexandre. I'm working on the upgrade this afternoon as the site needs to be up by start of business Monday. I have also purchased a 1 year license for Ultimate and just waiting for the license key.

I will post the results of upgrading later today.

Thanks again,

Jay

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Jay Falck wrote:
The wwwroot was the missing piece for my file display issue. Thanks for that.

As to the issue with IE11, the application is stand alone, IW 14.0.0 that shipped with XE6

Please update to latest 14.0.32. You should also read these instructions to update:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/technical%20information/Installing%20or%20Upgrading%20IntraWeb.html

The version 14.0.0 (bundled with XE6) is the same version that comes with XE3/4/5 and we already fixed lots of issues since then.

Best regards
Jay Falck

Posts: 9
Registered: 12/1/99
Re: Two Issues with IntraWeb  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 27, 2014 4:47 PM   in response to: Jay Falck in response to: Jay Falck
Thank you to all that assisted both here and on the Delphi Developer page on Facebook. To get beyond the two issues I reported here, I did the following:

1) Moved all documents and folders to a wwwroot folder in the same folder that runs the website
2) Double checked that I had the correct license key for IW (which I did not)
3) Upgraded to IW 14.0.32

I still have a file permission problem as my files are not available from external access to the website but work fine when I am internal.

Jay Falck wrote:
Thank you Alexandre. I'm working on the upgrade this afternoon as the site needs to be up by start of business Monday. I have also purchased a 1 year license for Ultimate and just waiting for the license key.

I will post the results of upgrading later today.

Thanks again,

Jay

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Jay Falck wrote:
The wwwroot was the missing piece for my file display issue. Thanks for that.

As to the issue with IE11, the application is stand alone, IW 14.0.0 that shipped with XE6

Please update to latest 14.0.32. You should also read these instructions to update:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/technical%20information/Installing%20or%20Upgrading%20IntraWeb.html

The version 14.0.0 (bundled with XE6) is the same version that comes with XE3/4/5 and we already fixed lots of issues since then.

Best regards
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Two Issues with IntraWeb  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 30, 2014 8:38 AM   in response to: Jay Falck in response to: Jay Falck
I still have a file permission problem as my files are not available from external access to the website but work fine when I am internal.

When you say that your files are not available, which http status code do you receive when requesting such files (visible using developer tools in any major browser)? 404? 500? other?
Jay Falck

Posts: 9
Registered: 12/1/99
Re: Two Issues with IntraWeb  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 30, 2014 10:15 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
This final issue is not with Intraweb (at least I don't believe it is). The routine I use to build the list of files is not able to traverse the folder structure. It was working fine on my dev machine but when I moved it to the server and created the service it stopped creating the file list. I changed the service to use a low permission domain account. I appreciate all the help.

Alexandre Machado wrote:
I still have a file permission problem as my files are not available from external access to the website but work fine when I am internal.

When you say that your files are not available, which http status code do you receive when requesting such files (visible using developer tools in any major browser)? 404? 500? other?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02