Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE10 will not run any program



Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Oct 1, 2015 9:39 AM Last Post By: Goran Ekstrom
Doug Hay

Posts: 122
Registered: 5/26/05
XE10 will not run any program
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 28, 2015 1:16 PM
I installed XE10 (Rad Studio, but I use C++ Builder).

I tried running the included demos, they compile fine. But when I run any application I get "The entry point __dbk_fcall_wrapper could not be located in the DLL "P:\RAD\SeattleTest\Win32\Debug\Test.exe"

The Test.exe I currently have I created with "FILE | NEW | VCL Forms Application - C++ Builder". It just has a ShowMessage and nothing else.

I used the default settings. I did uninstall XE10 and Reinstall, had no effect.

I can't use XE10! Help!

Thanks,
Doug
Goran Ekstrom

Posts: 149
Registered: 1/10/04
Re: XE10 will not run any program
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 28, 2015 1:31 PM   in response to: Doug Hay in response to: Doug Hay
Doug Hay wrote:
I installed XE10 (Rad Studio, but I use C++ Builder).

I tried running the included demos, they compile fine. But when I run any application I get "The entry point __dbk_fcall_wrapper could not be located in the DLL "P:\RAD\SeattleTest\Win32\Debug\Test.exe"

...

Have a look at the comments posted by Roy Nelson and others:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-11768
Doug Hay

Posts: 122
Registered: 5/26/05
Re: XE10 will not run any program
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 30, 2015 9:39 PM   in response to: Goran Ekstrom in response to: Goran Ekstrom
I can't overwrite the file with the XE8 version because you can't copy file to any folder in \Program files (x86)

I did try including the XE8 .lib file in my project, it didn't work, I can't run ANY program. I did a search for this and other people have had the same problem. On a scale of bad bugs, this is a 10. I can't run a single program!

Goran Ekstrom wrote:
Doug Hay wrote:
I installed XE10 (Rad Studio, but I use C++ Builder).

I tried running the included demos, they compile fine. But when I run any application I get "The entry point __dbk_fcall_wrapper could not be located in the DLL "P:\RAD\SeattleTest\Win32\Debug\Test.exe"

...

Have a look at the comments posted by Roy Nelson and others:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-11768
Goran Ekstrom

Posts: 149
Registered: 1/10/04
Re: XE10 will not run any program
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 1, 2015 1:58 AM   in response to: Doug Hay in response to: Doug Hay
Doug Hay wrote:
I can't overwrite the file with the XE8 version because you can't copy file to any folder in \Program files (x86)

Yes you can. I get a UAC prompt for Admin Privs. but after that it copies.
Goran Ekstrom

Posts: 149
Registered: 1/10/04
Re: XE10 will not run any program
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 1, 2015 9:38 AM   in response to: Goran Ekstrom in response to: Goran Ekstrom
Have a look at the comments posted by Roy Nelson and others:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-11768

I have now tested "copy memmgr.lib from XE8 to Seattle" and it fixes the problem.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02