Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Permlink Replies: 9 - Last Post: Nov 15, 2017 11:01 AM Last Post By: Douglas Rudd
Pier Nardin

Registered: 12/23/06
PNG support for Delphi 7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am using Delphi 7 for maintaining an old web server. Is there a freeware
PNG image library available for Delphi 7 like the pngimage unit in later
versions of Delphi?

Pier

---

Remy Lebeau (Te...

Registered: 12/23/01
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
Pier wrote:

I am using Delphi 7 for maintaining an old web server. Is there
a freeware PNG image library available for Delphi 7 like the
pngimage unit in later versions of Delphi?

Delphi 7, load PNG to TImage
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6237711/

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Pier Nardin

Registered: 12/23/06
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Remy

I have tried modifying and using the Delphi XE4 units pngimage and pnglang
in Delphi 7 but I was unable to compile them. I would like to use the Delphi
units instead of another library in case I upgrade my code later to work in
Delphi XE4.

Pier

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" wrote in message
news:729008 at forums dot embarcadero dot com...

Pier wrote:

I am using Delphi 7 for maintaining an old web server. Is there
a freeware PNG image library available for Delphi 7 like the
pngimage unit in later versions of Delphi?

Delphi 7, load PNG to TImage
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6237711/

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

---

Gerald Holdsworth

Registered: 5/23/12
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
On 03/08/2015 14:15, Pier Nardin wrote:
Remy

I have tried modifying and using the Delphi XE4 units pngimage and pnglang
in Delphi 7 but I was unable to compile them. I would like to use the Delphi
units instead of another library in case I upgrade my code later to work in
Delphi XE4.

I've got a funny feeling that the version I hunted for, and eventually
found, was taken up by CodeGear and used in later versions of Delphi. I
use it in BD6. However, I've also got a GIF unit, so it may have been
that one instead/as well as.

Problem is, I can't recall where I found them! :-(

Cheers,

Gerald.

Replace nospam with hollypops to email me.
Startek Startek

Registered: 2/4/17
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
On 29/07/2015 6:24 PM, Pier Nardin wrote:
I am using Delphi 7 for maintaining an old web server. Is there a freeware
PNG image library available for Delphi 7 like the pngimage unit in later
versions of Delphi?

I think I have used the PNG support within SynPdf from Synopse.
Shlomo Abuisak

Registered: 9/18/10
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
On 31/10/2017 07:31, Startek Startek wrote:
On 29/07/2015 6:24 PM, Pier Nardin wrote:
I am using Delphi 7 for maintaining an old web server. Is there a freeware
PNG image library available for Delphi 7 like the pngimage unit in later
versions of Delphi?

I think I have used the PNG support within SynPdf from Synopse.
I have at list 3 packages for Delphi 7.
I could not find them on the internet
So you have to send me a mail and i will send
then to you

send your mail i will send them to you
Shlomo Abuisak

Registered: 9/18/10
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
On 31/10/2017 07:31, Startek Startek wrote:
On 29/07/2015 6:24 PM, Pier Nardin wrote:
I am using Delphi 7 for maintaining an old web server. Is there a freeware
PNG image library available for Delphi 7 like the pngimage unit in later
versions of Delphi?

I think I have used the PNG support within SynPdf from Synopse.
You also have this
https://code.google.com/archive/p/cubicexplorer/downloads
David Taylor

Registered: 9/12/08
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
On 29/07/2015 6:24 PM, Pier Nardin wrote:
I am using Delphi 7 for maintaining an old web server. Is there a freeware
PNG image library available for Delphi 7 like the pngimage unit in later
versions of Delphi?

You could use FreeImage:

http://freeimage.sourceforge.net/

It's free.....

I have a PNGimage unit for Delphi 5 and 2009, but they use a DLL.

--
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

Registered: 12/21/07
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
Le 29/07/2015 à 10:24, Pier Nardin a écrit :
I am using Delphi 7 for maintaining an old web server. Is there a freeware
PNG image library available for Delphi 7 like the pngimage unit in later
versions of Delphi?

Pier

---

if you have a ZLib unit, this code should not be to complex to translate
to D7

https://github.com/tothpaul/Delphi/blob/master/TinyPNG/lib/Execute.PNGLoader.pas

my native MySQL client for Delphi 6 has a zInflates.pas unit

http://tothpaul.free.fr/sources.php?dprtcp.mysql

Douglas Rudd

Registered: 5/16/97
Re: PNG support for Delphi 7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I think you are looking for PNGImage by Gustavo Gaud.

I have that if you need it.

Licence says:
"This component may be distributed freely over the internet only when containing the exact same files from the original packaging."
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02